We have a wide range of professional researchers in the UK and worldwide who carry out assignments for a wide range of professional and private clients. Typical assignments include:
- Tracing relatives who have disappeared and efforts to find them have failed. Finding them may be personal or financial. Usually we are engaged by relatives of the lost person.
- An administrator or executor of a deceased person's estate is winding up the affairs and has beneficiaries entitled to moneys but who cannot be found.
- Lawyers and Insurance companies who wish to trace beneficiaries of bequests or insurance policies where the person named cannot be traced by traditional means.
- We do not trace people or long ago family history, normally our services work only 3 or 4 generations back, possibly further establish links to present day.
- Our service is mainly aimed at finding living people who may be the target of your enquiry, or a descendent or close relative.
You may wish to retain us direct at http://www.hha-research.org.uk
or seek members of FPAR http://www.fpar.org.uk
Sometimes a search can be successful within a few days, a week or two, or may take months, each case depends on a variety of factors such as available information from the client member and the availability of records to research.
Members : ask for a quote when contacting any member firm, or if contacting us direct at Head Office
We, and associated firms will charge extra for official certificates which may need to be obtained which may include, birth, marriage, divorce, death, probate certificates etc. Sometimes the instructing client may wish to obtain certificates direct, or may already have copies.
In some cases you may need "on the ground" research, in their home area visiting archives, libraries, newspaper offices, churchyards, BMD offices, and numerous other areas of knowledge and information. Fees and costs are an extra expense and can be quoted for as research progresses.
You only ever deal with us, we find and deal with agents who may be used on research. We do not "sub contract" the task out but call on a variety of tools, people and experiences to help you achieve your aim.
The first move is to Contact Us and outline whom you seek and why, or what advice your need, and what efforts have been made to date. Details of any certificates, family trees, reports or other documents you have are vital and help speed the case and keep costs down in duplicating effort which has already been carried out.
Or details of contact you have received from an Heir Hunter or lawyer about a possible inheritance.
If you receive an email about an inheritance it is almost certainly a scam or fraud, the firm will ask for money up front for a non-existing inheritance (usually many millions), or may ask for personal and financial information to steal money from you, even your identity.
Professional Heir Hunters make first contact by regular mail or telephone and may visit you by appointment.
We may also ask you to scan and email or post us copies of any documents or notes you or others have complied during initial searches, as this can speed enquires. Often our researchers can spot a key area which has been missed which can help unlock many new doors needed to find the person sought. Read more details about sending documents to the HHA
As the search progresses we may ask further questions or report useful findings. The key is the initial aim of the assignment " find John William Smith (JWS) alive " for example When JWS is found alive or proof of their death, the assignment is complete.
Joy and sadness
The result of enquires can perhaps find a person:
- has died and left no descendents.
- has died as has their spouse but children and possibly grandchildren are found, the client may then wish to extend the search further to include them.
- is found alive and well, married with children and possibly grandchildren, opening up a whole world for the client, reuniting family perhaps locally or in other parts of the world they did not know existed.
Joining our team
New researchers are always in demand, and are drawn from our Membership - we do not accept speculative applications from non-members. If you are interested please Join and then Contact Us and outline your details - name, address, qualifications and experience and names and contact details of 2 referees. A brief outline of the way researchers work for us click this link
Contact Us : Click Here to send us a private message